Tuesday, August 24, 2010
My hostel is hugged between a river and a bike trail. Kayaks, canoes, and wetsuits are all available for rent downstairs. A golf course is within spitting distance, as are tennis courts and sand volleyball courts. If I was even remotely interested in being athletic in the least during my brief stay in this hostel, it would be ideal. However, I am not. My main goal is to avoid being run over by athletic people as I walk to catch a tram with padded seats. The truly remarkable thing about this area is the sheer number of people who rollerblade. Yes. Rollerblade. I don't think I have seen this many knee pads since 1994. And they far outnumber bikers. There was even a rollerblading convention in Prague where they flooded the streets by the hundreds. Grandfathers, mothers pushing strollers, and teenage couples holding hands all rode by as I waved from the tram. (Again, the padded seats.) The cheerful parade seemed never-ending. My only question for them was this. "Where did you put all your shoes?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment